Dry fire practice is the act of practicing shooting firearms without live ammunition. It involves simulating the actions of shooting, including aiming, trigger control, and follow-through, but without actually firing a round. Dry fire practice is important for several reasons:
1. Safety: It allows individuals to practice firearm handling and shooting techniques in a safe environment without the risk of accidental discharge or injury. 2. Skill Development: Dry fire practice helps improve marksmanship skills, including sight alignment, sight picture, and trigger control, which are fundamental to accurate shooting. 3. Reinforcement of Muscle Memory: By repeatedly practicing proper shooting techniques without the distraction of recoil and n...
Perks of a C&R 03 FFL and COE (Certificate of eligibility) (How to apply is at the bottom)
(C&R guns are all legal firearms over 50 years old, as well as some special guns. There is a list you can find from the ATF.)
Exempt from 1-in-30 wait for ALL firearms, not just C&R.
Exempt from 10 day wait for ONLY C&R firearms.
Can buy C&R LONG GUNS, face to face, within the state of CA, no traditional FFL required.
Can buy ammo face to face or online, shipped to your door, no traditional FFL or background check required.
Can buy any C&R firearm while you are physically out of state, as long as it is legal in CA, not an assault weapon, etc, (long guns and hand guns) and bring it back with you, no traditional FFL requ...
If you're a first-time gun buyer, it's important to approach the process with careful consideration and responsibility. Here are some key pieces of advice:
1. Research and Educate Yourself: - Understand the laws and regulations regarding firearm ownership in your area. - Learn about the different types of firearms, their uses, and ammunition. - Familiarize yourself with firearm safety principles and responsible gun ownership.
2. Determine Your Purpose: - Decide why you want to own a firearm, whether it's for self-defense, sport shooting, hunting, or other purposes. Your choice of firearm will depend on your intended use.
3. Seek Professional Training: - Consider taking a firearms safety and training course. Learning from experts is cr...
The choice of self-defense rounds depends on several factors, including the type of firearm you have and your personal preferences. Some popular self-defense rounds include:
1. 9mm: Widely considered a good choice due to its manageable recoil and sufficient stopping power.2. .40 S&W: Offers good penetration and expansion, but has a bit more recoil than 9mm.3. .45 ACP: Known for its larger caliber and stopping power, but it has more recoil and fewer rounds in the magazine.4. .380 ACP: Offers a balance of manageable recoil and penetration, suitable for concealed carry.5. 12-gauge shotgun with 00 buckshot: Provides excellent stopping power at close range.
Ultimately, the best self-defense round for you depends on your firearm, your pr...
The "California Handguns Certified for Sale" refers to a list of handguns that are approved and certified by the California Department of Justice (DOJ) for legal sale within the state of California. California has stringent regulations and safety standards for handguns, and only those firearms that meet these requirements are included on this roster.
To see the most current list of handguns certified for sale in California, you should visit the official website of the California DOJ or contact their office. Please note that this list can change over time as new firearms are certified, and older models may be removed due to changes in regulations or standards. It's essential to ensure that any handgun you intend to purchase or possess in...
When it comes to ammunition, there are at least three different types based on the cartridge casing: aluminum case, steel case, and brass case. Most steel-cased ammo is of foreign manufacture, so we will look at the two types offered domestically: aluminum ammo and brass ammo. There are differences between the two and each offers its own set of advantages and disadvantages.
Aluminum Vs Brass Ammo: The Differences
Aluminum-cased ammunition is mostly used for handgun cartridges. This has to do with the strength and malleability inherent to brass cased ammo as opposed to aluminum. This is not to say aluminum is weak as a material, just that the properties tend to be different when compared to brass.Brass has been used as a cartridge case ...
Here are a few key things to know about the 5.56x45mm NATO and .223 Remington cartridges:
1. Pressure and Velocity: The 5.56x45mm NATO cartridge is typically loaded to higher pressures and velocities compared to the .223 Remington. The 5.56mm NATO is designed for military use, while the .223 Remington is primarily used for civilian purposes.
2. Chamber Dimensions: The chambers of firearms designed for 5.56mm NATO and .223 Remington may have slightly different dimensions. The 5.56mm NATO chamber has a longer throat, allowing it to accommodate longer, higher-pressure military ammunition. The .223 Remington chamber has a shorter throat for improved accuracy with civilian ammunition.
3. Interchangeability: Generally, it is safe to shoot ....
The 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP are popular handgun cartridges with their own strengths and characteristics. Here's a brief comparison:
1. 9mm: The 9mm Parabellum (9x19mm) is widely used due to its manageable recoil, high capacity in firearms, and wide availability. It offers a good balance of penetration, accuracy, and controllability, making it popular for self-defense and law enforcement.
2. .40 S&W: The .40 Smith & Wesson was developed as a compromise between the 9mm and .45 ACP. It typically has more recoil than the 9mm but provides better stopping power and penetration. However, its popularity has declined in recent years due to the advent of improved 9mm ammunition.
3. .45 ACP: The .45 ACP (Automatic Colt Pistol) is k...
To obtain a CCW (Concealed Carry Weapon) permit in California, you need to follow these general steps:
1. Familiarize yourself with California's CCW laws: Understand the specific requirements, restrictions, and procedures for obtaining a CCW permit in California. It's important to be aware of the legal framework surrounding concealed carry in the state.
2. Meet the eligibility criteria: Ensure you meet the eligibility requirements, which typically include being at least 21 years old, having good moral character, completing a firearms training course, and having a legitimate reason for carrying a concealed weapon (such as self-defense).
3. Complete a firearms training course: Enroll in and successfully complete a firearms training cour...
Both the Glock 19 Gen 3 and Glock 17 Gen 3 are excellent choices for a first handgun, and the decision often comes down to personal preferences and needs.
The Glock 19 Gen 3 is a compact handgun, making it easier to carry concealed and well-suited for personal defense. Its smaller size and reduced weight can be advantageous if you plan to carry the firearm regularly.
On the other hand, the Glock 17 Gen 3 is a full-sized pistol that offers a larger grip and higher magazine capacity. It can be more comfortable for shooters with larger hands and provides additional rounds in the magazine, which can be beneficial for range shooting or home defense scenarios.
Consider factors such as your intended use, comfort in hand, ease of concealment ...